The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Political Debate and Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2018, 02:56 PM
THE PLACE Member

Don't confuse campaign rhetoric with what she could do if elected. The outcome in practice won't be that much different either way.

As for a viable third party...I don't think you get that. If a third rises, it will replace one of the two. That is what people want and why the ballot access rules were written by Ds and Rs to prevent a third party rising and displacing one of them. They work together to keep us from having a vote for us, not them. They know that if a third party rises, one of them will have to go.

For most of us voting to replace the GOP is the only way to make our vote count. And the idea of voting Abrams in a run-off, while it may be the correct strategy, is enough to make most of us puke.

And so here we are.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:19 PM
iHonk

Don’t worry gimp, even if she gets it, the state house and senate are majority red. She will have a hard time pushing her agenda.

I’m with scrammy, eventually our nation is screwed. It’s too divided. Things that used to be looked at as a sin is now the norm. What used to be mental illness is now worshiped and celebrated. This country and this world has lost its way. I’m gonna just trust in the good Lord and live my life the best I can.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:27 PM
THE PLACE Member

Kemp has declared victory. Gimp can keep his job and keep on living in the land where the rain don’t fall.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:53 PM
iHonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
Kemp has declared victory. Gimp can keep his job and keep on living in the land where the rain donít fall.
Gimps still holding out that the ďgapĒ might be too close to call.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:00 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

Gimp will feel a lot better when its OFFICIALLY called because the woman is NOT going to concede. Gimp is getting a bunch of rain now that his grass is dead for the winter

On another note, we need to embrace this why we can fellas. This state has changed. The demographics have changed. It should have been a landslide. We have too many blacks in the ATL and burbs that keep on voting for the same old same old and weve been infiltrated by yankees and others that moved here to escape high taxes and regulations only to vote the same way here. Idiots basically. Its inevitable that this state is going eventually blue. Brian Kemp is likely the last Republican Governor this state will ever see in our lifetime. Maybe your childrens lifetime too. Sad but true. I am glad I dont have children that are gonna grow up not knowing how great this state and this country once was.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 11-08-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:36 PM
THE PLACE Member

It couldn't have been a landslide because Kemp doesn't represent most Georgians. This nonsense is just as much the fault of the GOP elite as their blue counterparts.

What we need is a means of coercing the parties to field representative candidates. Their aren't enough voters who will vote Libertarian to do it just by voting. And, if we're being straight, replacing the Rs with the Ls would eventually put us back in the same boat. It'd take decades for the corruption to creep back, but it will always be there with political parties.

The other usual means of effecting change by the general public is constitutional amendment. Judging by this last round, people will vote for just about anything. I blame public education.

Anyhow, what about an amendment to require not just 51% of those who vote, but 51% of registered voters? This would give the people the chance to say NO to both a Kemp and an Abrams, to require a candidate who actually represents more than just the minorities made up of Rs and Ds. It would also mean the parties would be tasked with recruiting voters period. And there would be an effectively huge fine for fielding bad candidates who could not get elected. Going through a campaign and losing all that money to be told "Do-over!" would not often happen.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:05 PM

Kemp should have won 58 - 42, easily. Maybe not technically a "landslide" but it just further proves that Ga will be a full blown communist blue state soon enough and Governor Deal may have very well been the last Republican Governor we will see. My point is, KEMP HAS NOT WON yet and his premature declaring victory was just foolish. Democrats arent gonna stop until they take Ga and Fl
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 11-09-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:55 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
We need more people on both sides to start moving back towards the middle...
So, most here vote Republican. Just what issue(s) are ANY of you willing for the Republican Party to move more towards the (middle) Democratic Party. Guns, Taxes, Free Healthcare, Impeaching Trump, Welfare, Immigration, Planned Parenthood .......... what?????

Let’s hear it. Tell me what issues I should even consider moving more towards the middle on.

Frig the middle and the low life, anti American, POS, ungodly, free loading idiot, jackasses.

Last edited by Duff : 11-09-2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
So, most here vote Republican. Just what issue(s) are ANY of you willing for the Republican Party to move more towards the (middle) Democratic Party. Guns, Taxes, Free Healthcare, Impeaching Trump, Welfare, Immigration, Planned Parenthood .......... what?????

Letís hear it. Tell me what issues I should even consider moving more towards the middle on.

Frig the middle and the low life, anti American, POS, ungodly, free loading idiot, jackasses.
What Duff said. I WAS the middle. 8 years of Obama and these America hating communist jackasses turned me hard Right. I'm satisfied that ain't ever gonna change either
Old 11-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Cheese

Federally legalize that smoke like Canada did. It's coming but not soon enough.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:37 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post

Letís hear it. Tell me what issues I should even consider moving more towards the middle on.

I can lean to the left on some issues: marijuana legalization, abortion, assistance (monetarily and healthcare) for disabled and elderly, relaxing unjust prison sentences, allowing felons to regain their rights once their sentence is complete and a set time of behavior is accomplished.

Easier immigration through legal avenues, do away with DHS, EPA, ATF, about any initialed division of the govt. Gay marriage should not be an issue, let them be together because they cannot viably reproduce.

Get rid of lobbyists for major corporations. Corporate greed is ruining the middle and lower class, companies are a helluva lot more concerned with stock holders than they are the employees that are making the profits. Certain industries should be regulated by the govt and allowed to be monopolies, the natural gas industry being one of them. The free market system does not work for utilities nor the petroleum industries, bring back the fixed market and do away with wall street oil speculators.

Reduce military spending by getting the hell out of other country's business, they all hate us anyway.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:51 PM
THE PLACE Member

Legalizing smoke is coming. That's why they're queuing up the opioid epidemic to have an excuse to continue a drug war. All the easy pot busts will be gone, so they'll go after drugs that have a paper trail. Meth, crack, etc. will not be successfully addressed because that requires working.

The root cause of government ills is over taxation and voters who support it. Rs and Ds are both big government tax and spend with some differences in what amounts to political fashion. This is housing projects versus corporate bailouts or EBT versus ag subsidy.

The thing is nobody talks about this during the campaigns. The conversations before the election were about campaign bull with a willingness to believe. Now people are turning critical. Critical thinking during the campaign would have given a different result.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:51 PM
THE PLACE Member

what timmy said.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:37 AM

AND we still dont have a Governor
Old 11-12-2018, 10:09 AM
THE PLACE Member

This race was always likely to end up in a run-off. The fact that either of those two could be governor is the direct product of a corrupt two-party system.

Run-offs are crap. If you can't win an election clean, then you aren't good enough for the job. We should get to vote on a new slate instead of these rejects.