The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2016, 08:14 AM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 41,057
Thumbs down Our system is definitely broke (sorry kinda long)

I dont know the answer but our system is definitely broke and Ive got to rant.

I have never EVER been in trouble for anything other than a failure to appear on a very minor misdemeanor charge back when I was 22 About 8 years ago or so ago (and some here will remember this) I was victim of a mistaken identity case after losing a wallet where some MFer used my name and info down in Cobb county and got busted for misdemeanor marijuana. If youve ever been arrested for pot at any time in your life no matter how small the quantity, you can no longer buy guns from an FFL. Thats pretty effing stupid to me but another argument for another day.

I was denied a firearm purchase through FFL a few months later at Blue Ridge Pawn in Blue Ridge Ga and had to get a lawyer to straighten it all out, or so I thought. I appealed through the FBI and had to send my fingerprints in and thought it was all clear. I even purchased a AR15 at Benton Shooters Supply several years ago and it went through and got a concealed carry license through the county I lived in afterward.

Anyway, fast forward to last weekend. I went to the local pawn shop to buy a lower for an AR15 and was DENIED again. Same shit, years later. Im currently working it out through yet another appeal and now realize I just need to go to my local Probate court and get my concealed carry license again. I let it expire about three years ago

My point is, you mean to tell me this POS radical muslim motherf*cker was able to sail straight on into a gun shop, purchase two guns and waltz out and blow 50 people away after being talked to by the FBI TWICE for terroristic threats putting him on the "watch list" and such?

Our system is a joke and something needs to be done! He should have been flagged in the NICS so this couldnt have happened! Yes, he would have likely got the guns somewhere else but what the hell is wrong with this picture? Im tired of hearing how they didnt have enough on him. BS!

End of rant
__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 06-13-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2016, 09:14 AM
BuckyT's Avatar
BuckyT BuckyT is offline
Super Moderator Supervisor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newborn
Posts: 20,405
Default

Spot On Ryan.
__________________
"Human footprints, I find, are always a disappointment in the wilderness, even when they are my own."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2016, 09:25 AM
OFD2Truck's Avatar
OFD2Truck OFD2Truck is offline
Just gettin by
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,580
Default

Man that sucks Ryan! Let mine expire and had to redo my class as well. Had an ex girlfriend throw me in jail for bullshit charges and I got notified that I have been flagged and am pending approval.....Its been 5 months now waiting. Sorry to hear your going through this.....keep you paperwork so if it happens you can show them the document.
__________________
I only hope to kill as many deer as I do threads
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Duff's Avatar
Duff Duff is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,204
Default

That's stupid. Yep. It's messed up bud. You know my bud that we dove hunted with. Remember that story of them getting ticketed for baiting that field by the Feds? Now he can't buy a gun because of it. Unreal!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2016, 12:02 PM
mcrebel's Avatar
mcrebel mcrebel is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ila, Georgia
Posts: 4,047
Default

Yea it's screwed up for sure!

Don't know how accurate this is, but it's pretty sick we allow these schools to practice http://www.allenbwest.com/michelleje...rs-terror-ties
__________________
If its out of style, it sho drives me wild
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2016, 09:27 PM
Hooked on Quack's Avatar
Hooked on Quack Hooked on Quack is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Washington County
Posts: 1,892
Default

Ryan ='s criminal..
__________________
What exactly is 'bout drunk? Either you is, or you ain't.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-14-2016, 06:13 AM
bouncy bouncy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,957
Default

If you were a Muslim this would not be a problem......

Sorry to hear Ryano! Hope it works out for you.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-14-2016, 07:56 AM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 41,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked on Quack View Post
Ryan ='s criminal..
That aint funny
__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:25 AM
ADDICTED2HUNTIN's Avatar
ADDICTED2HUNTIN ADDICTED2HUNTIN is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: HOSCHTON, GA
Posts: 1,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
If you were a Muslim this would not be a problem......

Sorry to hear Ryano! Hope it works out for you.
It's not politically correct to not sell a gun to a Muslim just for being a Muslim
__________________
I voted for Donald F'ing Trump cause I didn't want that C***T in the White House!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-14-2016, 12:28 PM
special_k's Avatar
special_k special_k is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
I dont know the answer but our system is definitely broke and Ive got to rant.

I have never EVER been in trouble for anything other than a failure to appear on a very minor misdemeanor charge back when I was 22 About 8 years ago or so ago (and some here will remember this) I was victim of a mistaken identity case after losing a wallet where some MFer used my name and info down in Cobb county and got busted for misdemeanor marijuana. If youve ever been arrested for pot at any time in your life no matter how small the quantity, you can no longer buy guns from an FFL. Thats pretty effing stupid to me but another argument for another day.

I was denied a firearm purchase through FFL a few months later at Blue Ridge Pawn in Blue Ridge Ga and had to get a lawyer to straighten it all out, or so I thought. I appealed through the FBI and had to send my fingerprints in and thought it was all clear. I even purchased a AR15 at Benton Shooters Supply several years ago and it went through and got a concealed carry license through the county I lived in afterward.

Anyway, fast forward to last weekend. I went to the local pawn shop to buy a lower for an AR15 and was DENIED again. Same shit, years later. Im currently working it out through yet another appeal and now realize I just need to go to my local Probate court and get my concealed carry license again. I let it expire about three years ago

My point is, you mean to tell me this POS radical muslim motherf*cker was able to sail straight on into a gun shop, purchase two guns and waltz out and blow 50 people away after being talked to by the FBI TWICE for terroristic threats putting him on the "watch list" and such?

Our system is a joke and something needs to be done! He should have been flagged in the NICS so this couldnt have happened! Yes, he would have likely got the guns somewhere else but what the hell is wrong with this picture? Im tired of hearing how they didnt have enough on him. BS!

End of rant

I would contact that lawyer again, sounds like he didn't follow thru correctly....
__________________
Whenever I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-14-2016, 01:45 PM
Sixes's Avatar
Sixes Sixes is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sixes
Posts: 17,764
Default

Amazing system that we have.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-14-2016, 01:51 PM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 41,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by special_k View Post
I would contact that lawyer again, sounds like he didn't follow thru correctly....
He got the stuff in Cobb county taken care of. There aint much he can do with the FBI. The onus is now on me to prove who I am every time I fill out 4473 and get denied I guess. Im working on getting a special identification # from them and my GWL back
__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 06-14-2016 at 02:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-14-2016, 02:33 PM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 22,878
Default

Buy off of craigslist
__________________
I'm just like you... only prettier

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Gator's Avatar
Gator Gator is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,757
Default

Bad boys bad boys what you gonna do what you gonna do when they come for you.
__________________
❤️'s the only 🏡 big enough for all the pain in the 🌍
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-15-2016, 06:20 AM
Four Paws's Avatar
Four Paws Four Paws is offline
SOM-BITCH
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 129
Default

The gooberment is all for taking care of the minorities, but when it comes down to law abiding citizens...well they take a big gooberment, nagger supporting crap on you!
__________________
I JUST DONT LIKE NAGGERS...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.