The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2018, 10:53 PM
Cheese

Default Finding another place to live

This is a serious question. If you had $25,000 and the goal was to find a place to live without a mortgage what would you do and where would you go? Keep in mind I also have a wife a 6 year old daughter that will be coming with me.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:22 AM
THE PLACE Member

I'm not sure that is possible.......remember if you pick a cheap state to live in your kid will be going to some very poor schools.

Last edited by bouncy : 02-16-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:06 AM
THE PLACE Member

Id come up to tbis area. Rent a little house and fond a job.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:11 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Id come up to tbis area. Rent a little house and fond a job.
You still looking for somebody to clean the crap out of your dog houses? Be a perfect job for spicer.......
Old 02-16-2018, 10:41 AM
THE PLACE Member

Man that's a tough situation... If I knew of something up here like what i'm doing i'd point you in that direction.
Like Gator said, maybe something in his area to rent and find a job.. It sucks, I know, I feel for ya bud

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 02-16-2018, 10:49 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
Man that's a tough situation... If I knew of something up here like what i'm doing i'd point you in that direction.
Like Gator said, maybe something in his area to rent and find a job.. It sucks, I know, I feel for ya bud
Sounds like he is just ready to leave Tampa area?
Old 02-16-2018, 10:56 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

Youre gonna have to GTFO of FL first of all. I like Gators plan. You may not want a mortgage but rent is pretty cheap up here. The thing is, with that 25 grand as a down payment, you could find something decent and have a smaller mortgage payment than what rent would be. I paid $64,000 for a brand new 1300 sq ft house 5 years ago. Payment around 450 a month and that includes taxes and insurance. It has doubled in value since then. Those days are gone now but 25 grand would go a long way up here. Have tanner boyzzzz hire you on as asst manager at Ingles
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 02-16-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:08 AM
Dammit Bobby

Good luck with whatever you decide Scott. I know how trying of a time it can be.

I like Ryan's idea of moving up here and working for Tanner at Ingles. You could eventually move into management there. I have two cousins who are also managers at Ingles.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:14 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Good luck with whatever you decide Scott. I know how trying of a time it can be.

I like Ryan's idea of moving up here and working for Tanner at Ingles. You could eventually move into management there. I have two cousins who are also managers at Ingles.
Publix would also be a solid option. My brother dropped out of college, took a job as a meat market associate, and is now about to be promoted to meat market manager after 5 years with the company. He has been GIVEN nearly $50k in Publix stock and is making close to $60k/year as an assistant manager.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:40 AM
THE PLACE Member

The problem with moving and renting is going to be proof of income.. Get that job with Tanner and get set up in a rental.. keeping in mind it's only short term.. then work your way up to bigger and better.

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 02-16-2018, 01:57 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
Publix would also be a solid option. My brother dropped out of college, took a job as a meat market associate, and is now about to be promoted to meat market manager after 5 years with the company. He has been GIVEN nearly $50k in Publix stock and is making close to $60k/year as an assistant manager.
Publix is an outstanding company to work for. I have friends from high school and we were all bagboys for Publix back around 1985. Some of them stayed on and are now district managers or even higher pulling 6 figures without a college degree. I only mentioned Ingles because he has an "in" there with Keith.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 02-16-2018, 02:00 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
Publix is an outstanding company to work for. I have friends from high school and we were all bagboys for Publix back around 1985. Some of them stayed on and are now district managers or even higher pulling 6 figures without a college degree. I only mentioned Ingles because he has an "in" there with Keith.
Growing up in South Florida I thought that was the only grocery store in America........we did have one Winn Dixie around the corner.......but every grocery around West Palm was a Publix.

I've heard good things about people working with Publix.......
Old 02-16-2018, 10:22 PM
THE PLACE Member

Find a small home or appt in N Ga and get Tanner to get you started sounds like a plan. Or if you have been in print maybe Randy N Gabowhunter could get you a job with the printing company he works for
Old 02-16-2018, 11:40 PM
Cheese

There are places out there for under $25000. Most need some work but I'm looking to start over and don't want a rent or mortgage payment. Where that will be is still to be determined. My goal is to have as little bills as possible. I don't care what I end up doing for work as long as I can pay my bills and save more money than I do now. Here's to a interesting 2018.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator Supervisor

The only thing I can come up with off the top of my head is..

Buy an acre of land, buy a lightly used 30 odd foot 5th wheel camper, have power run out to your acre lot. I can see that happening with 25K