The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2017, 10:53 AM
THE PLACE Member

Default Question

I'm in the market for an electric cart. I want one that has enough power and torque to get around on the farm I hunt but I also want one that I can take my wife and little girl around the neighborhood with. My question is do any of y'all have a Beast or Bad Boy? What are the pros and cons to these. And would a 72V be worth the extra money over a 48V. I have been looking at the club car and ez go 48V just curious what y'all have experienced
Old 03-13-2017, 01:32 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDICTED2HUNTIN View Post
I'm in the market for an electric cart. I want one that has enough power and torque to get around on the farm I hunt but I also want one that I can take my wife and little girl around the neighborhood with. My question is do any of y'all have a Beast or Bad Boy? What are the pros and cons to these. And would a 72V be worth the extra money over a 48V. I have been looking at the club car and ez go 48V just curious what y'all have experienced
I don't have one, but I've been checking them out. Thinking of buying one myself. Everyone says stay away from the BBB. When they break, and from what I hear they break a lot, you have to take them to an authorized dealer for parts and repair. And they are only a few around.

Don't know about the Beast.

A bud has an lifted EZ Go that he deer/rabbit hunts out of and it is a great machine. He has controller that gives it plenty of power and he rides all day on his 48V batteries. It is only 2WD, but I wouldn't need a 4WD I will go this route when I buy one.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:50 PM
THE PLACE Member

Yeah I wasn't too concerned about 4wd either if I got a 2wd I'd put a winch on it
Old 03-13-2017, 01:52 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

buy one used and lift it and mod it yourself. gonna come out a LOT cheaper and probably have a better cart. especially if 4X4 is not a must
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 03-13-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:04 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
I don't have one, but I've been checking them out. Thinking of buying one myself. Everyone says stay away from the BBB. When they break, and from what I hear they break a lot, you have to take them to an authorized dealer for parts and repair. And they are only a few around.

Don't know about the Beast.

A bud has an lifted EZ Go that he deer/rabbit hunts out of and it is a great machine. He has controller that gives it plenty of power and he rides all day on his 48V batteries. It is only 2WD, but I wouldn't need a 4WD I will go this route when I buy one.
This came up and lunch and the guy told me he uses an EZ Go of club car maybe? Spent $1,000 for lift, tires, wheels, fenders and turn signals came with that. He drives it around the woods at home and said it climbs well. Also subdivision pool runs and hunting, he loves his. All in around $4k used.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
All in around $4k used.
Exactly and you wont touch a BBB or Beast for that kinda money. Not even wore out used
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 03-13-2017, 02:09 PM

Boinky can help you with ideas. His cart is bad ass and would probably climb a tree. It has tried to kill me twice though
Old 03-13-2017, 02:37 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
This came up and lunch and the guy told me he uses an EZ Go of club car maybe? Spent $1,000 for lift, tires, wheels, fenders and turn signals came with that. He drives it around the woods at home and said it climbs well. Also subdivision pool runs and hunting, he loves his. All in around $4k used.
Yep. Guy in my Wilkes Co club got his somewhere south of there. You pick out your cart and tell them what you want on it and they give you a price for each additional item.

Lift kit so many $$
Battery meter so many $$
Controller so many $$

His is a camo lifted job. He has about $4 grand in his used.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:09 PM
THE PLACE Member

This guy today said he got his from somewhere around Cleveland. Cleveland Carts maybe? I haven't looked that hard but would be nice around the house and my brother is at the end of our little street so we could cruise down in it.

After I get one I can brag about reducing my carbon footprint!
Old 03-13-2017, 05:11 PM
THE PLACE Member

I don't want to F with doing one myself. Not that I have more money than I know what to do with or anything I just don't have the time to do one. I would rather buy one already the way I want it and prefer new over used, i don't want to buy someone else's problem
Old 03-13-2017, 05:23 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Yep. Guy in my Wilkes Co club got his somewhere south of there. You pick out your cart and tell them what you want on it and they give you a price for each additional item.

Lift kit so many $$
Battery meter so many $$
Controller so many $$

His is a camo lifted job. He has about $4 grand in his used.
This is what I'm looking for, I want one built exactly the way I want it.
So No issues that anyone has had with the 48v getting the job done?
Old 03-13-2017, 05:34 PM
THE PLACE Member

Screw that. Why not just get a Polaris ranger or something of that nature. One you can use other than joy riding around the block. Electric sucks.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:46 PM
THE PLACE Member

Plum Quick motor upgrade https://www.plumquick.com/

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 03-13-2017, 05:57 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
This guy today said he got his from somewhere around Cleveland. Cleveland Carts maybe? I haven't looked that hard but would be nice around the house and my brother is at the end of our little street so we could cruise down in it.

After I get one I can brag about reducing my carbon footprint!
Tom Brown. Great dude. Go to church with him. That's who I'll use when I get one. He's about 5 miles west of Cleveland on Hwy 115
Old 03-14-2017, 06:06 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Screw that. Why not just get a Polaris ranger or something of that nature. One you can use other than joy riding around the block. Electric sucks.
The electric rangers are pretty sweet machines