The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2017, 08:03 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Thumbs up Geetar

Hell some of y'all ain't on Facebook. My new Les Paul has really gotten me in to playing again lately. I absolutely love this thing. Hell im just a classic rock rhythm man that don't know a lot but I'm having a ball.

I like it so much, I've got my first tube amp on a Fed Ex truck as I type this. That will really make them humbuckers sing.

One day I'll own a Gibson but I've played several Studio models and I'll put this Epiphone custom pro up against them.

My new baby.

"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 02-14-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:04 PM

"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 02-14-2017, 08:14 PM
THE PLACE Member

As long as your having fun, thats all that counts.

Do like one of my coworkers, he wanted to learn a few years back, so he practiced at work on nights and evening shifts and picked it up pretty quick. He then switched to the bass about a year ago and has learned to play it as well. All while getting paid
Old 02-14-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post
As long as your having fun, thats all that counts.

Do like one of my coworkers, he wanted to learn a few years back, so he practiced at work on nights and evening shifts and picked it up pretty quick. He then switched to the bass about a year ago and has learned to play it as well. All while getting paid
I've been pickin around on them on and off for 30 years but just never really got serious. I wanna learn lead

One day I'll be able to throw you guys out a Slash solo Not vids until then lol

Last edited by Gimp : 02-14-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:40 PM
THE PLACE Member

Learn the rift for Sweet Child of Mine. Its one of the funnest and best for your picking skills. Heck that's why he actually wrote the part of that song was by doing it as a finger exercise. It's not TOO awful hard, but once you get it, is good for your fingers.

I love playing my guitar every night. Learned Bass after learning guitar. Wish i had learned Bass first. It would make picking and knowing the single notes on a guitar easier.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:28 PM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Nice axe Ryano. Been really thinking about picking one up and getting back into it.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:09 AM
hummyfried

Nice! My son has an electric and a acoustic he is playing around on now. This summer we will put him in some lessons.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Learn the rift for Sweet Child of Mine. Its one of the funnest and best for your picking skills. Heck that's why he actually wrote the part of that song was by doing it as a finger exercise. It's not TOO awful hard, but once you get it, is good for your fingers.

I love playing my guitar every night. Learned Bass after learning guitar. Wish i had learned Bass first. It would make picking and knowing the single notes on a guitar easier.
I will look into it Marty Schwartz on youtube has a video on it and I understand him. He breaks it all down nicely.

I should be able to get that exact Slash sound once this little beast gets here Ive always wanted a tube amp and think there is nothing better to pair a Les Paul up with than a Marshall. I bought THIS exact amp. The guy I deal with at Sweetwater made me a deal I couldnt refuse on the demo model and they are backing with a full 2 year warranty. My neighbors are gonna love me.

Last edited by Gimp : 02-15-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMDADDY View Post
Nice! My son has an electric and a acoustic he is playing around on now. This summer we will put him in some lessons.
thats awesome Hummy if he continues to like it, he will be one helluva guitar player by the time he gets in his 20s. How old is little Hummy now?
Old 02-15-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
Nice axe Ryano. Been really thinking about picking one up and getting back into it.
You need to go offer ol boy at the pawn shop 3 hunnit for that Black Beauty and start jamming again. Ive got an amp you can borrow.

Last edited by Gimp : 02-15-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:48 AM
THE PLACE Member

Wish I had that talent.. I played Bass in a little high school garage band but I wouldn't even know how to hold one again.
Y'all that do are awesome

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
Old 02-15-2017, 08:57 AM
THE PLACE Member

I don't play but it looks like a nice one Slash.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:13 AM
THE PLACE Member

Nice!

I took lessons as a kid, but started with a guitar that was too big for me and it hurt my hands so much that I hated it. Even as a kid though I never really wanted to play the guitar...I was learning that because I wanted to play the banjo. Still do, but I don't see it happening.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:15 PM
hummyfried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
thats awesome Hummy if he continues to like it, he will be one helluva guitar player by the time he gets in his 20s. How old is little Hummy now?
Old 02-15-2017, 04:27 PM
hummyfried

Little hummer already reads music from taking piano classes.He plays on his keyboard around here. Probably not much transition there?