The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Outdoors > Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

Default Lingenfelters latest project

almost 100 hp and 100 lb ft of torque added to the L83 5.3. I have no idea what it costs.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...arger_testing/
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 08-16-2013, 09:57 AM
THE PLACE Member

It's still a turd. If I want a supercharged fast truck, it's going to be a Lightning. I like my Silverado, but it's not a hot rod.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
It's still a turd. If I want a supercharged fast truck, it's going to be a Lightning. I like my Silverado, but it's not a hot rod.
425 lb ft of torque is not a turd.

Ford Lightnings arent "fast".......In fact their 1/4 mile time is less than a half second faster than the Lingenfelter Silverado so I suppose a Lightning is a turd too.

I didnt post this because I think the Silverado is a hot rod. I do think its cool they were able to get that much HP and torque out of it though.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 08-16-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:11 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
425 lb ft of torque is not a turd.

Ford Lightnings arent "fast".......In fact their 1/4 mile time is less than a half second faster than the Lingenfelter Silverado so I suppose a Lightning is a turd too.
Meh, Lingenfelter is not a stock vehicle. You're comparing it against a vehicle straight off the showroom floor. Probably a more accurate comparison would be the Lingenfelter vs. a Kenne Bell supercharged Lightning, otherwise stock. The Silverado loses every time.

My buddy's family had several Lightnings when we were in high school. I beg to differ on the fast part. 180mph in a truck is fast, ever had tunnel vision? I have and it was in a Lightning.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:12 AM
THE PLACE Member

I definitely think it's cool though, just if I wanted a fast truck to hot rod it would be a Lightning.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Meh, Lingenfelter is not a stock vehicle. .
Where in anything did I post did I say it was?

The Lightning is SUPERCHARGED and a stock Silverado isnt so the Lingenfelter Silverado and Lightning is a very valid comparison.

Im calling on the 180mph in a stock Lightning. Thats 40 mph faster than what the test speeds were for those trucks
Old 08-16-2013, 10:17 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Where in anything did I post did I say it was?

The Lightning is SUPERCHARGED and a stock Silverado isnt so the Lingenfelter Silverado and Lightning is a very valid comparison.

Im calling on the 180mph in a stock Lightning. Thats 40 mph faster than what the test speeds were for those trucks
I didn't say it was stock. It was in a built motor, 750hp Lightning. It happened. I also did 160mph in my SVT Contour.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:18 AM

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_news/112_new030814_ford/
Old 08-16-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
I didn't say it was stock. It was in a built motor, 750hp Lightning. It happened. I also did 160mph in my SVT Contour.
That was some VERY pertinent information you chose to leave out I guess.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:22 AM
THE PLACE Dumbazz

I did 140 in my mom's car in high school. It was just an old fart car, a 96' impala ss.

There is a 2012 crew z-71 on the ford dealership lot here that has a supercharger on it. Been sitting there for 6 months.
Damn....Phil will endorse anything. What next....Duck Commander Condoms? Magnum sized in Max-4 camo for when you want to boom boom boom with your Suzy without worrying about her raising a brood....Matt
Old 08-16-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Fool View Post
I did 140 in my mom's car in high school. It was just an old fart car, a 96' impala ss.

I liked those old fart cars

Sadly, the n!ggers got a hold of them and most of them look like this now

Last edited by Gimp : 08-16-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:32 AM

FWIW, I dont consider anything that comes out of the SVT department as "stock". Yeah, sure you can buy it off a Ford showroom floor but you can also buy a Saleen off a Ford showroom floor. Far from "stock" IMO.

SVT is to Ford what Lingenfelter is to GM.

JMHO
Old 08-16-2013, 10:39 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
FWIW, I dont consider anything that comes out of the SVT department as "stock". Yeah, sure you can buy it off a Ford showroom floor but you can also buy a Saleen off a Ford showroom floor. Far from "stock" IMO.

SVT is to Ford what Lingenfelter is to GM.

JMHO
Chevy fan boy