Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2017, 05:22 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Heck I can't play the 1 I got good enough to buy 12
The more guitars you own the better you get

I'm getting better because I practice a lot but i still wanna take some lessons. I just watch YouTube and try to follow along. I wanna learn the scales and how to read tabs and start doing some lead.

Gonna learn how to do all my own work on them too. I'm intimidated to even change the strings right now. Electric is a different ballgame.

Phuket, you can't take it with you. I'm having fun.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 03-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
The more guitars you own the better you get

I'm getting better because I practice a lot but i still wanna take some lessons. I just watch YouTube and try to follow along. I wanna learn the scales and how to read tabs and start doing some lead.

Gonna learn how to do all my own work on them too. I'm intimidated to even change the strings right now. Electric is a different ballgame.

Phuket, you can't take it with you. I'm having fun.
And the better guitar you buy the better you play.

Started lessons two weeks ago after years of screwing around with it and getting nowhere. The first two have been more on theory than technique.

First lesson...How to read a tab , natural notes scale, and 8 chords (some...well 3 I knew, and most I had seen but never really spent much time on)

Second lesson.... Keys and chord progressions within a specific key.
Key of C..... I(C), ii (Dm), iii (Em), IV (F), V (G), vi (Am), vii (B)
C Major Scale and Am Pentatonic scale

Practicing those and building muscle memory
Old 03-16-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
And the better guitar you buy the better you play. y
I believe that to a certain degree There is no doubt the higher end guitars play much easier and better. And there ain't much difference to me in the Gibson over the Custom Pro that's how good that guitar is. It's just Gibson holds its value better.

I was gonna sell the black LP 100 with the white pick guard but eff it, I'll keep it before I take less than 150.00 for it. I think it was 279.00 new and it's a great little guitar. I'm probably gonna give it to my nephew Kaiden. He loves it
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 03-16-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
I believe that to a certain degree There is no doubt the higher end guitars play much easier and better. And there ain't much difference to me in the Gibson over the Custom Pro that's how good that guitar is. It's just Gibson holds its value better.

I was gonna sell the black LP 100 with the white pick guard but eff it, I'll keep it before I take less than 150.00 for it. I think it was 279.00 new and it's a great little guitar. I'm probably gonna give it to my nephew Kaiden. He loves it
Had you offered me that one for $150, I would t have bought the one I bought. Kinda glad you didn't offer it.

And yes, I do agree with better equipment being easier to play. That is why I traded a fender acoustic 4 years ago for my Martin.

With that said though, that Martin alone couldn't make me play worth a damn.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:41 PM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Haven't played in years. I'm sure I could get back into it if I actually had one around. Bout cut the 1st and 2nd finger off my left hand over a year ago. Can't bend them at the last knuckles. Playing chords other than bar chords could be a problem.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:46 PM
THE PLACE Member

I can play whatever I want if I have a chord chart. Learning bass helped me to pick notes better. I play about 20 minutes an evening. Not great but it's fun and relaxing.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:02 PM
Mean muggin

I mean mug in the mirror every morning for about 20 min before I go to work. Keep telling myself...."I'm happy......I'm happy.....I'm happy"
Old 03-16-2017, 08:07 PM
THE PLACE Member

Mean mug? What's a mean mug?
Old 03-16-2017, 08:12 PM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
I mean mug in the mirror every morning for about 20 min before I go to work. Keep telling myself...."I'm happy......I'm happy.....I'm happy"
I do that too, but I jerk off at the same time. So it only takes bout a minute and a half.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:06 PM

Well the geetar thread certainly took a strange turn. Thanks James
Old 03-16-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Had you offered me that one for $150, I would t have bought the one I bought. Kinda glad you didn't offer it.

And yes, I do agree with better equipment being easier to play. That is why I traded a fender acoustic 4 years ago for my Martin.

With that said though, that Martin alone couldn't make me play worth a damn.
Well I wanted 250.00 for it and the little amp and the thing set on ODT and every local FB sales group there is with no bites. I don't guess I ever offered the guitar for 150.00 actually by itself but I won't take that for it.

Guns sell fast on ODT. Miscellaneous shit like guitars, not so good lol. Guitars = not outdoors lol
Old 03-16-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
Haven't played in years. I'm sure I could get back into it if I actually had one around. Bout cut the 1st and 2nd finger off my left hand over a year ago. Can't bend them at the last knuckles. Playing chords other than bar chords could be a problem.
Hell bar chords are all you need to have lots of fun on an electric.