The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Shooting > Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Ask our guide

Default Ever held a gun at someone

D2Ds thread got me thinking. Have you ever held a gun at someone in defense? It is not something I would wish on anyone. A little over a year ago I was searching for a store in Cordele one evening. I pulled into this stores drive to ask for directions and before I could pull under the lights a guy blocked me off. I though he was a drunk but after he looked in one direction and headed right to my door. I started to roll my window up and he hurried and put his hand up as if he was coming into the window. My first reaction was my 9mm. I grabbed for it and put it up into the glass all pissed and he threw his hands in the air and acted like he was the victim. I knew I would've been jacked if I didnt have it. I rarely do carry but glad I did then. I can remember after a few words were exchanged and him walking away I was shaking so bad. Not really sure if it was that I was almost robbed or that I almost killed someone
Old 01-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Don't Ban Me AGAIN Bro!!!

I have on two occasions. The closest was finding someone on my back porch going thru my freezer. I put my pistol right on his forehead. If he had made one wrong move, I had no problem making his head into a canoe.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Dawn2Dusk

One time...

Made the right decision to protect a mother and her two kids...

Didn't fire a shot...

Police questioned me and found me in the "RIGHT"...

I think my heart slowed down 4 hours later...

It shock me up pretty good... The whole thing sunk in and my knees got to knockin' like a coon's 80's caprice with two 20's in it playing street jams!

Last edited by Dawn2Dusk : 01-28-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:23 AM
On the road to nowhere

Not I, but Nathan has
Old 01-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Dammit Bobby

I've shown mine twice, wouldn't say I held it on them.

Once while at at red light in Marietta a car load of drunk teens were yelling all sorts of obsenities at a mother with two small kids in the car. Telling her they wanted to F her and all sorts of stuff. I could see her shaking and crying. Lenaed out the window and told them to shut the F up. They got quiet for a few seconds and then started back yelling at her. I layed my 9mm on the window of the truckl laying my arm over it and yelled at them again. When they looke at me I lifted my arm up to show the barell. They left her alone after that.

The other time was on my way back from Acworth in the snow. Had a jackass jump over the curb of ice almost hitting me. Blew the horn and he started flipping me off and started hitting his brakes and morioning for me to pull over. After the ice cleared I changed lanes and he slowed to get beside me and looked over to continue cussing at me and flipping me off. When he turned he saw that I had pressed my 9mm up agains teh passneger window of the little Mazda (not pointing the barell at him). He turned his head, hit his brakes and got off at the next exit.

In retrospect I should not have shown it in either situation, but that was in my younger days.

I will say this though...My heart was beating faster the two time I have had a gun pulled on me than they were either of those two times.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

No and I hope I never have to.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Dawn2Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
AMEN to that!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:07 AM
On the road to nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
Thats the danged truth
Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Pronounced "tanner boyzz"

Well never have pointed at anyone but several times people have walked up or pull down my driveway and were i live u can barely see my house and iam in the woods so if anyone comes down my driveway at night with out me noing them i walk out with my shotgun in hand .. No one has ever got out of there vehicle thy just put it in reverse and leave. Alot of people think because it quiet out here that they can just drive around till they find no one home and steal your crap.. Some reason Ive never made any new friends..
Old 01-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Dawn2Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
I've shown mine twice, wouldn't say I held it on them.

Once while at at red light in Marietta a car load of drunk teens were yelling all sorts of obsenities at a mother with two small kids in the car. Telling her they wanted to F her and all sorts of stuff. I could see her shaking and crying. Lenaed out the window and told them to shut the F up. They got quiet for a few seconds and then started back yelling at her. I layed my 9mm on the window of the truckl laying my arm over it and yelled at them again. When they looke at me I lifted my arm up to show the barell. They left her alone after that.

The other time was on my way back from Acworth in the snow. Had a jackass jump over the curb of ice almost hitting me. Blew the horn and he started flipping me off and started hitting his brakes and morioning for me to pull over. After the ice cleared I changed lanes and he slowed to get beside me and looked over to continue cussing at me and flipping me off. When he turned he saw that I had pressed my 9mm up agains teh passneger window of the little Mazda (not pointing the barell at him). He turned his head, hit his brakes and got off at the next exit.

In retrospect I should not have shown it in either situation, but that was in my younger days.

I will say this though...My heart was beating faster the two time I have had a gun pulled on me than they were either of those two times.
Fatboy...

http://www.webmd.com/news/20000420/g...grip-road-rage

Old 01-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Dawn2Dusk

Realize this, "Brandishing" a pistol, rifle, shotgun for the WRONG reason can land your hinney in jail quick these days...
Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Cheese

I've had a couple pulled on me and I've been shot at before. My 1st reaction was to run like hell and hope for the best. It's no fun I can tell you that.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Pronounced "tanner boyzz"

Whats the law in georgia fpr [rotecting your home and family on your property
Old 01-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Don't Ban Me AGAIN Bro!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner boyzz View Post
Whats the law in georgia fpr [rotecting your home and family on your property
I believe the law just changed to what we have here.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:44 PM
freakin' idiot

Had to point once and had to show once...

When I lived out on the home place on our farm, I woke up to a knocking on my door at 4 AM. The nearest neighbor was my sister and her husband about 1.5 miles down the dirt road. I grabbed my .44 mag Redhawk and put it on the back side of the door pointing in the general direction of the scraggly looking fella on the other side. I opened the door and the guy told me that he and his girlfriend had gotten stuck riding dirtroads. I looked a few paces behind him and saw his girlfriend, I recognized her as one of my former students, so I told him I would help get them out. I closed the door and put the gun away then. Poor fella probably never knew he had a hand cannon pointed at him.

Had a punk threaten me at a gas station wanting me to buy him a 25 cent Little Debbie Cake. No one there but me, the punk and the cashier (who I think was the dude's girlfriend because she was laughing the whole time). I told him in so many words that he could buy his own Little Debbie and proceeded to pay for my gas and walk out to my car. He was standing at the entrance of the gas station telling me that he would kill me if I ever came back...that's when I reached in the floorboard and pulled out my .41 mag Blackhawk and put in on the seat beside me, making sure the exchange from floorboard to seat was visible. He turned around and went back inside.