The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Shooting > Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Uncle BunBun

I awoke at 1:00 AM to a loud knocking at my door. All the lights were off in the house and I kept them that way. I grabbed the .357mag and proceeded to my front door with the pistol behind my back. I peeked through the glass and a cop was standing at the door.
When I opened the door I kept the revolver out of sight. The cop proceeded to tell me about some dog barking next door and explained how it was a pittbull chained in the carport and he was not going beside it to ring the neighbor's door bell. He never even noticed my hand behind my back. I had no idea why he was at my door telling me this.
My reply was, "What the hell are you talking about? It is 1:00 AM." He asked, "Didn't you call and complain about the dog barking?" "No, I haven't heard a dog." "Oh...I must have the wrong house....." My thought......"No ****."
Old 01-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn2Dusk View Post
I used to be real prone to it. Driving Ptree Ind and 285 everyday was bad for me...Now I only drive 13 miles back roads and can't remember the last time I got super POed driving.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Dawn2Dusk

If I had to drive in Atlanta (aka H*LL) everyday, I would end up with some built up rage too...

I hate that d*mn city... I freakin' despise it!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
If I had to drive in Atlanta (aka H*LL) everyday, I would end up with some built up rage too...

I hear ya....

I had one guy cut me off nd slam on brakes 3 times making me dump my stuff into the floorboard of the truck. the third time was as I was merging into traffic on 285. Sent me over the edge and I passed him and cut him off and brought him to a dead stop in the middle of 285.

Had another guy that I put into the emergnecy lane on 400 after I had let 5 cars merge in front if me in stop and go traffic. He got pizzed casue I didn't let 6 and started flipping me off and motioning for me to pull over. I had had a real bad day and I obliged. When he drove past and flipped me off again I pulled back out got beside him and put him in the emergency lane. He got off at the next exit real quick like.

And those are just two episodes. Not something I am proud of now to say the least.

I used to drive Ptree Ind and 285, and then for a while drove down 400 to Old Milton and cut backroads to Kennesaw. 1:15 on a good day.

I never realized the stress it was putting on me until after I got laid off and got this job close to home. It has done wonders for my stress level and made me a nicer person to be around on the road.

Also, that was in my 20's and very early 30's, but I have mellowed a bunch over the last 6 years.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:06 PM
THE PLACE Member

When I was younger I had to luckily the guy got out of my truck and no shot was fired. Like Gordon said I was more scared then the bad guy I think..... 30 minutes of thoughts went through my mind in a matter of seconds. I hope and pray it never happens again but if so I always have one of my friends in my pocket or in the vehicles.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:59 PM
THE PLACE Member

Had a guy beating on my door around 2AM one morning, I looked out and recognized him as a local drunk/doper. He yelled that he had go stuck and needed help. I opened the door and let him clearly see that I was armed. I never pointed it or anything, but he knew I had it with me.

I ended up pulling his drunk butt out of a ditch.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator Supervisor

Quote:

Isn't that the truth...........................

I work in Atlanta a lot and I have a pistol in every work truck I have.

I pulled my pistol out on a black dude once off of Freedom Avenue.

I got turned around and I turned off of Freedom on to another street on the west side of town. I got stopped at a light and I was approached by a homeless guy.

It was in July and I had my window down. I saw him walk up and I reached down and had my hand on the pistol. He wanted money...............

He wanted $5. I told him I only had $2 bucks in my wallet and I'd give him that.

Well, he didn't want $2 he wanted $5 bucks. His exact words, "Man, I know your rich ass has more than $2 bucks I want $5 NOW!!!"

Wrong thing to day to this "rich white boy" In a millisecond I pulled the pistol and rammed the barrel right between his eyes hard!!! He stumbled backwards back into the street and when his eyes uncrossed and realized what had just hit him between the eyes, he took off running like a deer.

I swear that dude leaped 15ft across the road!!!!

The light still hadn't turned green, but I ran the red light anyways................

Got me a bit nervous to say the least, but if he would have pulled something out like a gun, I would have killed him.

Gotta be on your toes in that part of town.

Never know what can happen.

BuckyT