The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Trading Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-19-2017, 06:56 PM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,027
Default WTB new model A5

Looking for a deal on a new model A5. Let me know if you know of one. Thanks.
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-19-2017, 09:16 PM
Duff's Avatar
Duff Duff is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,819
Default

Cabelas has $400 off new ones. Black Friday sale in the paper I received this weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2017, 11:05 AM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Cabelas has $400 off new ones. Black Friday sale in the paper I received this weekend.
Awesome, that's just what I needed. Looks like with the rebates, I can get the gun I want for under $1k new.

I had one a few years ago that I horse traded like an idiot...still kicking myself. I think this time I just want a plain black synthetic, 3" gun. $929 through Cabelas is a pretty good deal.

Now I only have to figure out how to order it and get there to pick it up...
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Duff's Avatar
Duff Duff is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,819
Default



That's a good feeling gun. I bought a M2, but came very close to buying the A5.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-25-2017, 04:39 PM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,027
Default

Took advantage of the Black Friday sales and picked up a 3Ē stalker model today. Itíll be less than $900 after all rebates.
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-25-2017, 09:09 PM
jb's Avatar
jb jb is offline
Mean muggin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Not in Ms.
Posts: 13,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post


That's a good feeling gun. I bought a M2, but came very close to buying the A5.
Man, they shoulder so much different. M2 has the raised vent rib, a5 is flat. I'm not gonna say I couldn't shoot an a5, but where I'd shoot 98% with a Benelli, I'd shoot a 92% with an a5. I have shouldered a couple. Just don't point right for me.
__________________
the law is on my side....I play cards with JD Shellnut...the chief of PO-lice
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-25-2017, 09:32 PM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
Man, they shoulder so much different. M2 has the raised vent rib, a5 is flat. I'm not gonna say I couldn't shoot an a5, but where I'd shoot 98% with a Benelli, I'd shoot a 92% with an a5. I have shouldered a couple. Just don't point right for me.
Iím the opposite. I always shot over the end of the barrel on my SBE2. The humpback on the A5 fits me better.
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-25-2017, 09:56 PM
PintailM2's Avatar
PintailM2 PintailM2 is offline
iHonk
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ila Ga
Posts: 8,491
Default

I’ve seen you shoot a shot gun before. Your only hope is a punt gun.
__________________
Would you look at that....... Just look at it!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-26-2017, 05:14 AM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintailM2 View Post
Iíve seen you shoot a shot gun before. Your only hope is a punt gun.
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-26-2017, 07:00 AM
jb's Avatar
jb jb is offline
Mean muggin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Not in Ms.
Posts: 13,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintailM2 View Post
Iíve seen you shoot a shot gun before. Your only hope is a punt gun.
Scrammage might have turned it around with the a5. I saw him doing work on doves one year with it. I was shccked. I had seen him a couple years before sky bust at mallards and then I saw him and his brother burning through ammo on a dove field with nary a bird to show. His brother was no lie shooting at doves about 150 yds out regularly. I think Blaine was there. I remember laughing with him about it.
__________________
the law is on my side....I play cards with JD Shellnut...the chief of PO-lice
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-26-2017, 07:51 AM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
Scrammage might have turned it around with the a5. I saw him doing work on doves one year with it. I was shccked. I had seen him a couple years before sky bust at mallards and then I saw him and his brother burning through ammo on a dove field with nary a bird to show. His brother was no lie shooting at doves about 150 yds out regularly. I think Blaine was there. I remember laughing with him about it.
My brother canít shoot for chit. Heís moved up to VA now, had to find some new birds to sky bust.

I got pretty good with my old A5...I never could shoot that SBE well.

I donít hunt birds much anymore but wanted a good shotgun for when I do have the opportunity.
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.