The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Deer Hunting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-18-2017, 06:44 PM
jb's Avatar
jb jb is offline
Mean muggin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Not in Ms.
Posts: 13,884
Default Mountain buck

Sixes, have fun with this one. Gator some recently have said your deer arent mountain deer because below Clarkesville is flat

http://forum.gon.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
__________________
"if God wanted us to be vegans, He wouldn't have made animals out of meat". Ethan Brantley
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Sixes's Avatar
Sixes Sixes is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sixes
Posts: 17,719
Default

I kinda laughed when I read the title.

Here is the kinda post that irritates me from the Habersham thread.

QUOTE/
Aren't you the same gentleman who has trouble catching stocked trout, and complains the creeks have been fished out?

Where is your club? Is it the timber land off of Hwy 52 near Nimblewill? I'm out of buck tags (again) but I'll come shoot a big buck on your club if you'll tag it for me. I'll even take a picture of you posing with it so you can show it to your friends. No disrespect, but for years Ive read about how there's no more deer on your property...
__________________
Thou. I hunt the mountains and swamps of champions. I fear no one; because, I know, when it comes to killing big bucks: I Am The Man.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:07 PM
JamesG's Avatar
JamesG JamesG is offline
The ****in Slipknot \m/
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 35,283
Default

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=911253
__________________
Wallow in the winter of it,Discover what you truly covet,Underneath and far above it,You slither in all kinds of Shit
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:44 PM
jb's Avatar
jb jb is offline
Mean muggin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Not in Ms.
Posts: 13,884
Default

"I equate mountain fork horn to a flat land 140". L to the O effing L.
__________________
"if God wanted us to be vegans, He wouldn't have made animals out of meat". Ethan Brantley
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:50 PM
jb's Avatar
jb jb is offline
Mean muggin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Not in Ms.
Posts: 13,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post
I kinda laughed when I read the title.

Here is the kinda post that irritates me from the Habersham thread.

QUOTE/
Aren't you the same gentleman who has trouble catching stocked trout, and complains the creeks have been fished out?

Where is your club? Is it the timber land off of Hwy 52 near Nimblewill? I'm out of buck tags (again) but I'll come shoot a big buck on your club if you'll tag it for me. I'll even take a picture of you posing with it so you can show it to your friends. No disrespect, but for years Ive read about how there's no more deer on your property...
__________________
Thou. I hunt the mountains and swamps of champions. I fear no one; because, I know, when it comes to killing big bucks: I Am The Man.
Gotta be referring to that pappy hoel dude. He's a whiney bitch. Obviously can't hunt for shit. He keeps complaining that he's seen 1 deer all year on his club during his hunts. He must really suck as a hunter.
__________________
"if God wanted us to be vegans, He wouldn't have made animals out of meat". Ethan Brantley
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-18-2017, 09:34 PM
Ol' Red's Avatar
Ol' Red Ol' Red is offline
HNIC
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Albany, GA
Posts: 3,058
Default

Lol, every deer I killed before going to Southern was in the mountains in VA. They ain’t any harder to kill. Harder to drag out for sure, but it’s still a freaking deer. Living in the mountains don’t give them super deer powers.

Red
__________________
Just throw the rubbers on the dash and take a chance
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-18-2017, 09:37 PM
Sixes's Avatar
Sixes Sixes is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sixes
Posts: 17,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
Gotta be referring to that pappy hoel dude. He's a whiney bitch. Obviously can't hunt for shit. He keeps complaining that he's seen 1 deer all year on his club during his hunts. He must really suck as a hunter.
Yeah, but it's still a post of arrogance. But, maybe the feller should find a new club
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Sixes's Avatar
Sixes Sixes is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sixes
Posts: 17,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
"I equate mountain fork horn to a flat land 140". L to the O effing L.
Most haven't seen a 140 and they think they are common place on every piece of land south of the foothills.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-19-2017, 05:44 AM
bouncy bouncy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,922
Default

If they want a challenge why not hunt them in the middle of a desert?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-19-2017, 08:40 AM
jb's Avatar
jb jb is offline
Mean muggin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Not in Ms.
Posts: 13,884
Default

That's ole pointer 1 who started the thread. He pm Ed me and told me to tell Sixes to enjoy the thread
__________________
"if God wanted us to be vegans, He wouldn't have made animals out of meat". Ethan Brantley
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-19-2017, 08:58 AM
Sixes's Avatar
Sixes Sixes is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sixes
Posts: 17,719
Default

Didn't know that was him.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-19-2017, 09:10 AM
georgiaboy's Avatar
georgiaboy georgiaboy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
"I equate mountain fork horn to a flat land 140". L to the O effing L.
I knew I eff’ed up by not mounting that 6 pt I killed in college. That was right on the Dawson/Lumpkin line so not quite a true mountain forkhorn but it should qualify as a double drop tine 150 I think. Hell, I’ve shot millennial does in Dahlonega that identify as B&C class bucks.
__________________
"Welcome to Costco. I Love You." -Idiocracy
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-19-2017, 09:38 AM
jb's Avatar
jb jb is offline
Mean muggin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Not in Ms.
Posts: 13,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post
Didn't know that was him.
Me. Neither til I got the message
__________________
"if God wanted us to be vegans, He wouldn't have made animals out of meat". Ethan Brantley
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-19-2017, 08:27 PM
Fatboy's Avatar
Fatboy Fatboy is offline
Dammit Bobby
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In my house
Posts: 30,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
That's ole pointer 1 who started the thread. He pm Ed me and told me to tell Sixes to enjoy the thread
Pointer1? Is that Ryan’s pal Joe?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Duff's Avatar
Duff Duff is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,166
Default

Lolzey. Why y'all bustin on Ryano?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.