The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Sporting Dogs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Quickdraw's Avatar
Quickdraw Quickdraw is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Milledgeville
Posts: 35,628
Default

Blood in stool is never good. Better get him to the vet first thing in am. Hope he is ok
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Arra's Avatar
Arra Arra is offline
Go dawgs!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in the country...
Posts: 19,954
Default

He is doing much better this morning. He is eating and drinking. He had a small bowel movement and there was no blood in it. Hoping he just had a little bug. Gonna boil him some wild turkey breast and feed it to him. He also came out his kennel and grabbed a bumper this morning ready to work. Thanks everyone for support.
__________________
"
Hey man..you dont look near as fat sitting next to a big bodied buck as you do next to an average doe!" ....gatorb
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-10-2012, 06:27 AM
duhollywood1's Avatar
duhollywood1 duhollywood1 is offline
Waterfowl Training Specialist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,998
Default

good deal man.
__________________
born again deer hunter
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arra View Post
He is doing much better this morning. He is eating and drinking. He had a small bowel movement and there was no blood in it. Hoping he just had a little bug. Gonna boil him some wild turkey breast and feed it to him. He also came out his kennel and grabbed a bumper this morning ready to work. Thanks everyone for support.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Hairy Dawg's Avatar
Hairy Dawg Hairy Dawg is offline
.......
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,441
Default

Dang, glad everything worked out alright.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-10-2012, 07:20 AM
snuffer
 
Posts: n/a
Default

glad to hear it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 AM
muddy_feet's Avatar
muddy_feet muddy_feet is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dasher
Posts: 1,357
Default

Any time you see them eat something that you didn't want them to eat....pour peroxide in their mouth. They'll puke in a matter of minutes. It's also safe. I've had to do it several times.

We had a foster eat a leash.....the whole thing. The peroxide made him puke the leash up.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy_feet View Post
Any time you see them eat something that you didn't want them to eat....pour peroxide in their mouth. They'll puke in a matter of minutes. It's also safe. I've had to do it several times.

We had a foster eat a leash.....the whole thing. The peroxide made him puke the leash up.
thanks for the info
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Chappydog's Avatar
Chappydog Chappydog is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,465
Default

Good deal for rock.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Arra's Avatar
Arra Arra is offline
Go dawgs!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in the country...
Posts: 19,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy_feet View Post
Any time you see them eat something that you didn't want them to eat....pour peroxide in their mouth. They'll puke in a matter of minutes. It's also safe. I've had to do it several times.

We had a foster eat a leash.....the whole thing. The peroxide made him puke the leash up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
thanks for the info
X2

I decided to be on the safe side and take him on to the vet. They are checking a fecal sample now but she thinks it's just an upset stomach and not a blockage.
__________________
"
Hey man..you dont look near as fat sitting next to a big bodied buck as you do next to an average doe!" ....gatorb
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-10-2012, 09:50 AM
muddy_feet's Avatar
muddy_feet muddy_feet is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dasher
Posts: 1,357
Default

That's great ARRA....I've learned a ton by fostering dogs over the past few years. I've got at least 2 vets on speed dial. I joke with our vet about how we paid for his last year at vet school.

Lots of dogs get blockage from tennis balls, socks....ect. I stopped giving our dogs those raw hides. They love them but I've had to get the needle nose pliers out several times.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Arra's Avatar
Arra Arra is offline
Go dawgs!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in the country...
Posts: 19,954
Default

Back home...She said he had a touch of Coccidia and gave me some antibiotics to give him once ever 12 hours....I'm boiling a turkey breast now to feed him all weekend. She said she wasn't to concerned about him since he was doing better today...Said he should be back to normal in a day or so...He is crapping a little now...Grass came out first.. ...At least there are no blockages...She feels like the chicken bones are what got his system out of whack.
__________________
"
Hey man..you dont look near as fat sitting next to a big bodied buck as you do next to an average doe!" ....gatorb
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Flattop's Avatar
Flattop Flattop is offline
Dammit Man
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 14,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arra View Post
Back home...She said he had a touch of Coccidia and gave me some antibiotics to give him once ever 12 hours....I'm boiling a turkey breast now to feed him all weekend. She said she wasn't to concerned about him since he was doing better today...Said he should be back to normal in a day or so...He is crapping a little now...Grass came out first.. ...At least there are no blockages...She feels like the chicken bones are what got his system out of whack.
At least he ain't pregnant!

Seriously glad he is on the mend!
__________________
When my ship came in I was waiting on a train
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-10-2012, 12:59 PM
dixies dad's Avatar
dixies dad dixies dad is offline
Born 200 years to late!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 466
Default

Good deal B!Glad he's feeling better
__________________
Load 16 tons whata ya get......another day older and deeper in debt.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-10-2012, 01:06 PM
snuffer
 
Posts: n/a
Default

glad to hear you took him in and got him checked out. my vet down here gave me his personal cell number, for after hours emergencies. good thing to have, just in case.

i give mine raw goose breast, blue bills, mergansers, deer meat...he will never get one of my effing turkey breasts, though
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.