The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Bow Hunting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 22,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puredrenalin View Post
Yepper, LOVE the Drenalin baby!!! Its awesome!!! Working for the #2 Mathews dealer in the Nation should say somthing!!! LOL!!
WTF does working for a Mathews dealer have to do with anything??? I know people that work at NASA,, but their not astronauts just because they work there
So whats your point?

Mathews.. Yesterdays technology, today, at tommorows prices
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-12-2008, 12:27 PM
coon dawg's Avatar
coon dawg coon dawg is offline
mine ain't cute either
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: hell's acres
Posts: 18,851
Default .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
WTF does working for a Mathews dealer have to do with anything??? I know people that work at NASA,, but their not astronauts just because they work there
So whats your point?

Mathews.. Yesterdays technology, today, at tommorows prices
.......well..........I'll at least agree on the tomorrows prices......twice as much as other bows that are just as good.......
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-12-2008, 12:33 PM
BuckyT's Avatar
BuckyT BuckyT is offline
Super Moderator Supervisor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newborn
Posts: 20,405
Default

What I don't get is this....

Why do guys go out and buy a new bow everytime something "new" comes out.....

I have a Mathews. I love it. I think it's worth every penny I paid for it.

But, just because it's 2yrs old doesn't mean I'm going to get rid of it because somebody else has came out w/some new technology and a bow that still cost over a 1000 set up...................

I'll be shooting mine for years to come and then some.

Only reason I got rid of my PSE 3D Dominator was because it got ran over by a GMC 2500...........................

This is just me and these are my views. I know some guys just like having the newest and greatest equipment out there and will trade in something that's only a 1yr old in a heartbeat. It that's what they like to do, more power to them!!

I for one personally get a lot of satisfaction by making something last for years and years.

BuckyT
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Gobble4me's Avatar
Gobble4me Gobble4me is offline
MCLMM
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pooler GA
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyT View Post
What I don't get is this....

Why do guys go out and buy a new bow everytime something "new" comes out.....

I have a Mathews. I love it. I think it's worth every penny I paid for it.

But, just because it's 2yrs old doesn't mean I'm going to get rid of it because somebody else has came out w/some new technology and a bow that still cost over a 1000 set up...................

I'll be shooting mine for years to come and then some.

Only reason I got rid of my PSE 3D Dominator was because it got ran over by a GMC 2500...........................

This is just me and these are my views. I know some guys just like having the newest and greatest equipment out there and will trade in something that's only a 1yr old in a heartbeat. It that's what they like to do, more power to them!!

I for one personally get a lot of satisfaction by making something last for years and years.

BuckyT
I still shoot my PSE Fire Flight.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Fatboy's Avatar
Fatboy Fatboy is offline
Dammit Bobby
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In my house
Posts: 30,168
Default

Carl,

I have only had 3 bows in my lifetime...with my Allegiance that I bought at the end of 2005 being the latest.

I like to get one that shoots good and that I shoot good and hold onto it. Something to be said for familiarity.

However, with all that said, I have been thinking about one of the new PSE's if the right situation comes along.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-12-2008, 12:40 PM
BuckyT's Avatar
BuckyT BuckyT is offline
Super Moderator Supervisor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newborn
Posts: 20,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobble4me View Post
I still shoot my PSE Fire Flight.
I remember when I was shooting my Polaris, a buddy of mine bought a Fire Flight. Thought that bow was blazing fast compared to mine!!!

BuckyT
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Quickdraw's Avatar
Quickdraw Quickdraw is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Milledgeville
Posts: 35,781
Default

I have a Switchback and its a great bow, but I'll have to kill a lot of deer with it to catch up with the deer I killed with my Golden Eagle or PSE! Its not the bow folks that makes the difference in bowhunting! Its the hunter pulling the string
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-13-2008, 11:53 AM
coon dawg's Avatar
coon dawg coon dawg is offline
mine ain't cute either
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: hell's acres
Posts: 18,851
Default ...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
I have a Switchback and its a great bow, but I'll have to kill a lot of deer with it to catch up with the deer I killed with my Golden Eagle or PSE! Its not the bow folks that makes the difference in bowhunting! Its the hunter pulling the string
..indeed..........
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 22,844
Default

Ain't nothing like kicking a MAthews Beehive
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.