View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Future Wyoming Resident

Saturday 11-27
I had high hopes for today, but they didn't pan out. Awful windy day. This morning you could have made a blooper show if you had been filiming me. It all started out when I decided to take a different route into my funnel loc on stand, and on top of taking a different route, I thought I would go in to stealth mode and not use a light. Which normally is no problem if you know where your going. Anyway I stepped in a huge hole, and fell into a bunch of briars, and as I fell the bandollier holster I had across my chest thumped me pretty good in the fore head. Then I got my tree and I had intentionally not worn my jacket because I didnt want to sweat going in or climbing up. I got up the tree about thirty feet up, and dropped my jacket. So I had to go all the way down and retreve it. Also so saw no deer. Hunted until 11AM. Very forgetable morning. This afternoon I tried a area I had scouted in August, but just never bothered to hunt until now. I didn't see a thing, however I will hunt here again in more favorable conditions. There's a ton of sign in there, and its a pain in the ass to get there and will be a nightmare getting a deer out. Just THE PLACE where you may shoot something to brag about. Tomorrow I'm going to hunt the clear cut. I really want to shoot a deer with my late fathers pistol, but the deer are in the clear cut right now, so I'm breaking out old faithful, and we'll see what transpires in the AM.
"Every animal we harvest is a gift from the creator, and should be taken with humility & Honor" Bugle Magazine