The Outdoors Place

The Outdoors Place (http://www.theoutdoorsplace.net/index.php)
-   The Duck Blind (http://www.theoutdoorsplace.net/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Breathable Waders (http://www.theoutdoorsplace.net/showthread.php?t=75066)

medicine man 01-01-2017 04:51 AM

Breathable Waders

Several people are saying the Banded just aren't holding up, specifically where the boot attaches to the waders. They only offer a 1-year warranty so, basically one season. I looked at the Drake breathable's but they only make them in MST. My question: Has anyone tried the Redhead Big Cypress breathable's? If so, will they keep the skinny people warm?

jb 01-01-2017 06:28 AM

No breathable wander is gonna keep you warm in my opinion unless they have insulation like the banded ones do. I have a pair of the Rogers supreme breatheables and I really like them, but they get cold to me around 35 and below...no insulation in them.

Ol' Red 01-01-2017 05:38 PM

The first Banded waders that came out had leaking issues. The newer ones seem to be holding up better. I know several folks that have experience with both and say the newer ones hold up much better. The Mack's PW waders have a one year warranty. I don't see that as bein a big deal.

Red

d_white 01-02-2017 10:26 AM

I bought the banded insulated this year. Have 21 hunts on them so far no issues. Hunted in 17* a couple of weeks ago and several days in the low 20s. Layered appropriately and was very comfortable. They are like wearing bibs and aren't heavy like neos. If I get one season out of a pair of waders I consider them a success. I'll let you know in a few weeks if they succeed but I'm feeling good about it at this point.

mcrebel 01-02-2017 11:09 PM

not breathables, but im pretty happy with the academy super tuff waders so far for only $75, and if they leak ill return em.

medicine man 01-03-2017 04:30 AM

The Redhead Big Cypress have 1600g in the boot and insulated uppers, only a $75 difference between them. It really comes down to warmth and durability. I don't plan on buying a $350 pair of waders and be satisfied with one season out of them. Too expensive for the colored folk.

jb 01-03-2017 05:32 AM

After looking, I think I would give the red heads a shot.

d_white 01-03-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medicine man (Post 1111817)
The Redhead Big Cypress have 1600g in the boot and insulated uppers, only a $75 difference between them. It really comes down to warmth and durability. I don't plan on buying a $350 pair of waders and be satisfied with one season out of them. Too expensive for the colored folk.

There may be a difference in the way we hunt and treat waders. How long will it take you to put 45 hunts on a pair? And that's hunting in timber, beaver ponds, a lot of in and out of boats, off and on 4 wheelers, and a pile of walking in and out. If it takes you two-three seasons for that to happen you may be happy. If you put that many miles on a pair in one season and get 2-3 years out of a pair, let me know what kind they are because I need em.

medicine man 01-13-2017 05:58 AM

I bought the Red Heads and hunted 5 days in 10-15 degree each morning. Never got remotely cold until I slipped on a log and went through the Ice over my head.

medicine man 01-13-2017 06:16 AM

It was cold

1 Attachment(s)
You know me too well Mr. Toof. Thanks for the help. Those Banded are super nice and with your money, I would have chosen them.

jb 01-26-2017 10:23 AM

I tried on a pair of the redheads yesterday. Will be buying a pair before the hunting starts next year. Seem to be the same quality as the Banded waders, but they don't say Banded, which is a huge plus

georgiaboy 01-26-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb (Post 1112491)
I tried on a pair of the redheads yesterday. Will be buying a pair before the hunting starts next year. Seem to be the same quality as the Banded waders, but they don't say Banded, which is a huge plus

So no flat bill camo hat?

jb 01-26-2017 05:32 PM

The banded gang just came out with some new ones. The black label ones. $599......eff that. Bet you don't even get a free flat bill

bowman#3 01-26-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb (Post 1112504)
The banded gang just came out with some new ones. The black label ones. $599......eff that. Bet you don't even get a free flat bill

No free flat bill. Two of the guys in my camp have a pair of the black labels. They seem to like them good enough. One pair leaked three quarters of the way through the season and they were overnighted another pair because mack's was sold out. Leaking waders is just part of the game.

Gator 01-26-2017 10:03 PM

Hell no. Not for 600$ Brocephus. I'll keep spending 100 on a cabelas Brand that leaks halfway thru season. I'll check out the redhead breathers