PDA

View Full Version : need a verizon phone

nicole*
08-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Do derrick dropped his phone outside, and it was left out in the rain for a day ... and now doesn't quite work right.

anybody got a verizon phone they're not using anymore? $50 or less would be nice :)

KH
08-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Take the battery our and let it dry for a few days it should work fine if nothing shorted out.

Carp
08-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Darcy I've got some old ones you can have for free if you don't mind them being a little bit old. I've got a Samsung SCH-670 and a SCH-A310 with chargers and everything.

nicole*
08-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Take the battery our and let it dry for a few days it should work fine if nothing shorted out.

yeah, we left it apart for a few days ... it says "car kit" on the screen and you can't hear/be heard. But text msgs work fine ?! seems like its a common problem with that model phone when it gets wet.

nicole*
08-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Darcy I've got some old ones you can have for free if you don't mind them being a little bit old. I've got a Samsung SCH-670 and a SCH-A310 with chargers and everything.

he's using my old motorola ... its a decent phone ... i replaced it when i had it because the software seems to run really slow on it for some reason. I;ll let him know and see what he says about those :) thanks for the offer!

LLove
08-10-2008, 10:35 PM
if i can find a good excuse to buy the voyager that i want he can have my enV and yall can match :giggle:

Trad Fuzzy
08-10-2008, 10:38 PM
LLove,
My Daughter dropped her LG Chocolate in the TOILET....we went to Verizon and they told her to take out the battery and put the phone (open) in a bowl of dry rice for 24-48 hours, she did this and it drew out all the moisture and it works fine now...
Fuzzy

Switchback
08-10-2008, 10:44 PM
LLove,
take out the battery and put the phone (open) in a bowl of dry rice

I know this works, tried it on my son's phone and it worked...

LLove
08-10-2008, 11:21 PM
i've heard that before too, luckily i've never had to try it tho

nicole*
08-11-2008, 07:43 AM
if i can find a good excuse to buy the voyager that i want he can have my enV and yall can match :giggle:

i love my enV! :rofl: I hate that the enV2's are the replacement though... yuck

i think it might be a little too much for him though, he'd prob. get an in accident playing with it while driving.

LLove
08-11-2008, 07:48 AM
i think it might be a little too much for him though, he'd prob. get an in accident playing with it while driving.

:rolleyes: amateurs

:rofl: :rofl:

nicole*
08-11-2008, 08:00 AM
:rolleyes: amateurs

:rofl: :rofl:

yeah, i left it in his truck yesterday, so when we left my parent's house ( little brother's birthday party) he found it and immediately started swerving trying to take a picture of me driving behind him.

needless to say, he was not only unsuccessful, he almost took out a mailbox or two in the process. :rofl:

LLove
08-11-2008, 08:21 AM
yeah, i left it in his truck yesterday, so when we left my parent's house ( little brother's birthday party) he found it and immediately started swerving trying to take a picture of me driving behind him.

needless to say, he was not only unsuccessful, he almost took out a mailbox or two in the process. :rofl:

thats a federal offense or something..

you should probably get him one of those disney phones for kids that only have 4 speeddial buttons and an emergency button. :lolhammer:

nicole*
08-11-2008, 09:14 AM
thats a federal offense or something..

you should probably get him one of those disney phones for kids that only have 4 speeddial buttons and an emergency button. :lolhammer:

like that thought hadn't already crossed my mind.

or the verizon ones where you can go online and track them via GPS :D

lightning
08-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Get him a Casio GZ one phone it's waterproof and you can take underwater video's, I like mine purdy good.

nicole*
08-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Get him a Casio GZ one phone it's waterproof and you can take underwater video's, I like mine purdy good.

those seem like great phones!

can't seem to find them for sale anywhere ... apparently a new version is coming out ... and will cost $$$$$$$$$

Trad Fuzzy
08-12-2008, 08:58 PM
i love my enV! :rofl: I hate that the enV2's are the replacement though... yuck

I had the older enV and just got the enV 2....I like it ALOT better then the old one, not so bulky is the best thing!

Fuzzy

lightning
08-12-2008, 09:08 PM
those seem like great phones!

can't seem to find them for sale anywhere ... apparently a new version is coming out ... and will cost $$$$$$$$$

I had to get mine from the Verizon store locally, but they had to order it, but the work I do I need a tough phone, and this thing is tough, I like it alot it feels more durable then any phone I've ever had.